The Career Center offers a variety of services to School of Education students and alumni. Read more about each type of service, how it can benefit you, and how to sign up for each service.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Career Center Appointments
Appointments are one-on-one or small group (at students’ request) sessions with a Career Consultant to get help or information about a wide range of career-related topics.
Career Consultant can meet with you to support a wide variety of career and job search-related needs, including:
- Career, major, and graduate school exploration
- Career counseling
- Résumé writing for job search or graduate school applications
- Letter writing (cover, thank you, accept/decline position, etc.)
- Application questions/review (WECAN, as well as other job search applications)
- Interview preparation, including mock interviews
- Graduate school application process
- License applications or requirements in WI or other states
Fill out the request form or call (608) 262-1755 to schedule an appointment. Can’t make it into our office? Ask about setting up a phone or Skype appointment, or assistance via email (not all services are available via email).
The Career Center offers events each semester on a variety of career topics. View our current event listings. Events are open to undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni affiliated with the School of Education.
To register for an event, login to your Handshake account. Click on the event tab and sign up for events of interest.
If you have any questions about an event, please contact email@example.com.
Wisconsin Education Recruitment Fair (WERF)
WERF is the statewide educator recruitment fair organized by the Career Center and co-sponsored by all the teacher education programs in Wisconsin. It provides professional educators from participating education colleges and universities in Wisconsin the opportunity to meet with school districts throughout the U.S. Held in early spring at the Monona Terrace, find further details and register for this annual spring fair at the WERF website. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Career Fairs and Events
The Career Center collaborates with our career services partners across campus to hold fall and spring campus-wide fairs. These career fairs are promoted on the Career Fairs site once the date for each event has been set and confirmed. Visit the Career Services at UW-Madison page and Campus-wide Career Events calendar to view other career events on campus.
Handshake makes it easy for every UW-Madison student to explore career events, connect to jobs and internships, and even schedule on-campus interviews.
How can it help me?
- Browse and register for career events on campus
- Explore thousands of jobs and internships from over 200,000 employers nationwide
- Get personalized job recommendations based on your major, interests, and more
- Manage your own campus interviews with top employers
How do I access it?
Questions? Contact the Career Center by email. Career Center staff are also available to help you learn how to most effectively use your Handshake account.
WECAN, the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network, is an online posting and hiring system used by more than 500 Wisconsin K-12 schools and districts.
If you’re seeking a K-12 education position in Wisconsin, WECAN is the tool for you. Use it to:
- Complete a single employment application
- View and apply to openings in more than 500 districts and schools
- Upload and electronically submit supporting documents (resume, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.) for most positions
View the WECAN user guide by clicking on “Applicant Help” from the WECAN homepage to learn how to create an account.
Kaltura (Videos of Workshops & Events)
Kaltura is a software program that UW-Madison uses to share videos with users across campus. To view videos of past Career Center workshops and events that were filmed, go to our Kaltura Channel.
To access the videos, you will need to log into Kaltura with your UW-Madison NetID. From the School of Education Career Center channel, you can view our videos, divided into topics by playlists.
If you have further questions about any of the information or topics, you can contact us at email@example.com
Office Contact Information
L107 Education Building
1000 Bascom Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Monday-Friday, 8:15 am – 5:00 pm
Career Center Email
An interactive campus map is available and features information about the departments in each building as well as locations for public parking.
Parking is limited on campus, so it is advisable to arrive early and to check current parking availability.
Visitor parking information is provided by the transportation office.
City parking is also available around certain areas of campus.
Career Consultants are here for you!
- Investigate and explore School of Education majors and related career options
- Test drive and confirm major and career options, polish and enhance skills
- Prepare and connect with potential employers, network for information and establish professional connections
- Develop your promotional, job search documents, and/or your graduate school applications and essays
- Map your individual career, graduate school and/or job search strategies
- Implement your search, apply and interview
- Obtain referrals to additional experts on campus