Welcome to the
School of Education Career Center!
CAREER ADVISING DURING COVID-19
Students, we know that this is a stressful and unusual time, and our hearts go out to everyone affected. Please know that all School of Education staff are committed to supporting you as students and as individuals, in whatever form that support takes. Your academic and career success is still our top priority. For students planning on graduating this semester, we will do everything in our power to ensure that you graduate on time.
Effective Monday, March 23 the School of Education academic and career advisors will be available for advising questions and appointments via email, video chat, and phone. All School of Education office locations will be closed until campus resumes regular operations. Below you will find ways to schedule and attend advising appointments. You can also find additional information about current advising services at UW-Madison by visiting Career and Academic Advising During COVID-19.
We ask for your patience and flexibility as we all learn new ways to connect and communicate through this difficult time. Stay safe and well!
WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION CAREER CENTER!
If you are associated with Art, Counseling Psychology, Curriculum & Instruction, Dance, Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis, Educational Policy Studies, Educational Psychology, Kinesiology, Rehabilitation Psychology & Special Education, or Theatre and Drama, you are in the right place!
We look forward to working with you. Like the UW-Madison SoE Career Center on Facebook and follow on Instagram to stay connected and learn about career events on campus. Join the School of Education Career Center LinkedIn group to connect with students, alumni, and employers.
The Career Center is located in L107 of the Education Building and maintains office hours from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visit our Contact Us page to learn more.
CAREER CENTER VISION
Equipping all School of Education students to successfully launch and exceed their career expectations.
CAREER CENTER MISSION
Preparing all School of Education students to navigate career transitions and achieve career aspirations.
CAREER CENTER VALUES
The Career Center values:
- Providing Excellent Student Services – We support students by offering engaging programming and resources to support career exploration and decision-making; incorporating career development support into academic courses; and in developing professional identities by providing individualized internship and job search advising.
- Centering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We use culturally responsive strategies and resources to engage students of all identities in holistic, equitable, and supportive career advising and programming.
- Being Accessible, Adaptable and Data Driven – We continuously improve services guided by student data and feedback.
- Collaborating and Partnering – We establish relationships with employers, academic departments, and campus-wide partners that are student-centered and mutually beneficial.
- Staying Relevant – We pursue regular and ongoing professional development to enhance our career-related expertise.